Saturday, February 4, 2017

[HEALTHY RECIPE] CHOCOLATE BANANA PEANUT BUTTER SMOOTHIE

Happy February!!!

Oh my, 2017 is already into its 2nd month. Just goes to show that time is so precious and I want to make the best out of each day.

So here's another smoothie recipe that I've been loving recently. I've been working out pretty often nowadays (let's hope it continues lah) and I need my protein and carbs fix. As of now, I don't take any protein shakes. So I'm trying different ways to incorporate proteins and also good carbs into my diet as much as possible.

CHOCOLATE BANANA PEANUT BUTTER SMOOTHIE



Ingredients
  • 1 and 1/2 frozen bananas
  • 1 tbsp of pure cocoa powder
  • 1 tbsp of unsweetened, organic peanut butter
  • 3/4 cup of fresh milk/almond milk
Blend all of the above together in a blender and pour it into a mason jar. The mason jar I bought above is from Jaya Grocer. And ta-dah! You're done! Simple right? Best served chilled :) You can make this for your breakfast or also as a pre/post-workout smoothie. 

Bananas are high in potassium which is an essential mineral for maintaining blood pressure, heart health and bone strength. It's also sweet and filling and keeps me contented in the morning. Peanut butter on the other hand is big on protein and protein is so important to build muscle. I'm gonna make myself a big jug of this smoothie tonight!

Hope you guys enjoy this! By the way, I post daily updates on my instagram so be sure to follow me there @missymiyen aite? :D

Till' then!


No comments :

Post a Comment