Monday, February 6, 2017

[HEALTHY EATING] GREEN SMOOTHIE

Hi loves!

So today I'm back with another one of my recent staples in my diet: the dreaded green vegetable smoothie!

For me, living away from home and before embarking on this health journey, I have found it hard to get in greens into my diet. Usually, eating out, it's either the vegetables are oily or I have to order salad (which I don't lol).

So vegetable juices / green smoothies are a great way to incorporate as much raw vegetables into your diet as possible. And because I usually blend them with fruits, it's so much easier and tastier to take it in.

Vegetables are so so sooo important. It really clears your skin and trust me, consistent intake of dark, green leafy vegetables does wonders to your complexion! It brightens your skin by giving it that healthy glow.

Here's the basic building blocks of what you need:
  • A blender (you don't say)
  • 2 kinds of dark green leafy vegetables
  • 2-3 kinds of fruits
 So here's my take on my current favorite green smoothie concoction :

GREEN VEGETABLE SMOOTHIE:

  • A handful of baby spinach
  • 5-6 leaves of Kailan
  • 1 frozen banana
  • Half a chilled mango
  • Few cut up pieces of pineapple

Blend them all in together in the blender with 1/4 cup of water or 2-3 ice cubes, depending on how thick or diluted you want your smoothie to be. And there you have it! A power-packed smoothie perfect for breakfast or anytime of the day that you need a pick-me-up. I'm challenging myself to have a glass of this everyday or every alternate day. 

How I do this is by planning my grocery list a week before so I make sure buy all the essential vegetables and fruits. So when I know I have these ingredients in my fridge, I feel like I need to use them up before they start rotting.

Hope you guys give this smoothie a try! Trust me, once you get used to the taste, you'll start loving it ;)

Till' then xx

No comments :

Post a Comment