Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Bonjour

Why am I still sick???

Not the bed-ridden/dying kinda sick, but like the can't-go-jogging kinda sick level. I am tired of this... this has been going on for too long lah. I wanna need to jog lah wei. Because of this sickness, I'm looking more and more like a skeleton. I need to get into shape FAST.

ON THE OTHER HAND.

I think I am like really, really, really blessed. I don't know. The revelation just dawned upon me these past few days. It got me thinking.

This prolonged sickness and it's effect on my "schedule", a long-time friend popping up suddenly in my life making me think of decisions I never took seriously, this sudden opportunity to do what I've always dreamed of doing, skills and talent I'm picking up really well and MORE opportunities popping up - all this in just a span of a month.

I think 2013 is going to be a good year fingers crossed.

Digressing to...

ACCA STUFF

I still need to print my P2 and P3 books. And results for Dec 2012's sitting will be out on the 8th of FEBRUARY 2013!!!

Oh god, oh god, oh god... please let me pass my F6 and F9 with good marks. PLEAASSEEEE! This pre-results period is always the most anxious.

I've been thinking...

If I ever decide to go for the Oxford Brookes BSc in Applied Accounting (something which I opted in during the initial registration of my ACCA course) after completing my ACCA papers, I need to score well enough in my F4-F9 papers to get at least into upper second class of degree or MAYBE even first class.

Because like you know, it's cool having a professional qualification AND a degree.

According to the ACCA Global website on the BSc Degree:

ACCA and Oxford Brookes University have worked together to develop a BSc in Applied Accounting, which is available exclusively to ACCA students who wish to obtain a degree while studying towards the ACCA Qualification.

To be awarded the BSc (Hons) in Applied Accounting you must:
  •  be registered with Oxford Brookes University ie opted-in to the BSc degree scheme before passing any of the three ACCA Fundamentals papers, F7, F8 and F9 
  • pass the three ACCA Fundamentals papers F7, F8 and F9 and pass other papers as required to successfully 
  • complete all nine Fundamentals level papers complete the ACCA Professional Ethics module according to the RAP submission dates 
  • complete and pass the Oxford Brookes University Research and Analysis Project. 
The degree must be completed within 10 years of your initial registration onto ACCA’s professional qualification otherwise your eligibility will be withdrawn.

I didn't know all this until a few days ago when I was chatting with a friend about this. Damn if I knew earlier, I'd make sure to have studied harder. BECAUSE, as with all degrees, OBU can be split into different classes of degree.

The class of BSc will be based on the average mark determined from the exam marks of the Skills papers (F4-F9) and obviously the grade achieved for the research paper.


I had already passed 4 Skills paper before I knew about this OBU thing.

Right now, I've calculated my average score per paper for F4, 5, 7 and 8. And I'm only averaging at 60%

That's like at the border line for an upper second OBU degree, no matter what grade I get for my research paper.

Sh*t.

But then once I actually start working, I don't know whether I'll want to get that OBU degree. Because like, you got your ACCA already what. And it'll take time and money to do that research paper. But according to dad, the degree is useful if ACCA graduates want to steer into the academic line and start teaching accountancy in Uni.

We'll see.

No matter, I have to study harder weiii. I don't really like my marks.. It does get dreary studying alone at home with no competition to spur you on. But I just have to grit my teeth and tunnel on.

Man, right now, I just wanna clear all my ACCA papers and get the hell to work and start earning LOTS OF MONEY.

Sorry ah, my posts nowadays not many doodles or photos. I'm not in the mood to draw-take photo of drawing-copy into pc-edit in photoshop-put in blog or take self-pictures.

Feels like I have so many things to blog about, but I wanna hold back first and wait for the correct time to write them out here.

Update:
I don't really have many things to blog about lah. Haha.

Okay lah, time to download more notes.

Ta.

No comments :

Post a Comment