Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Nuffnang Blog Awards, Here I Come

I can't help but feel like I'm back in primary school.

Back to the days when I was 10 years and naive...

So...

Teacher has just given me an essay writing homework.

Write an essay about "why you want to attend the Nuffnang Asia-Pacific Blog Awards 2011."

Pass it up by the 19th of November. If not, I tell your mother.

And so, 10 year old me attempts a story that goes like this.

"Once upon a time, there was this *ahem* beautiful girl who loved gowns and balls (not the balls on men but the Cinderella-go-to-the-ball-and-dance kinda ball) and everything nice. Her name was Cindermiyen.

One day, there was an invitation to one of the most prestigious events in town. TheNuffnang Blog Awards! People from all over the blogosphere would flock together dressed to the nines and drink in the limelight.

Cindermiyen had never thought of going to the event. She had so much work to do. And because the event was only open through special invitation, who would want to choose her? Cindermiyen was just a new girl in bloggie town. She was just a girl by the cinder.

So sad. Lemme get a tissue first.

But one day, as Cindermiyen was browsing through the numerous blogs that mentioned about the NAPBAS, she suddenly had a sparkle of desire to go. It was a spontaneous inspiration.

But who would help her? After all, she was... again... just a girl by the cinder. *sniff*

And then one day, she stumbled upon a lovely lady dressed in maroon and shimmering black. It was Fairy Godnuffnang!

Fairy Godnuffnang then told Cindermiyen that she would give her a special invite if only Cindermiyen could convince magical grannie over there that she wasn't just a girl by the cinder.
You see... this particular Fairy Godnuffnang isn't your typical fairy godmother. She's the NEW version. She likes fun and games and riddles. Feisty and young.

The real fairy godmother you read about 10 years ago is nearly reaching her 80s. So Fairy Godnuffnang is in training to take the place of Fairy Godmother.

And the 3 magical answers Cindermiyen finally gave was (have to be serious here ah):

1. I work so hard write this post. So gimme me a break and get me the goddamn invite la.

2. According to the fairytale, Cinderella got to go to the ball. Very big hint.

3. I love blogging and I love Nuffnang! Need I say more? (only valid one)

The end."

Teacher, can give me 5 stars ah?

Normal mode now:

For those who don't hae anything else to do other than stare in the computer (like me) and wanna join in the fun and stand a chance to win invites to NAPBAS, just write a blogpost titled "My Nuffnang Story" or "Nuffnang Blog Awards, Here I Come."




Further details here.

I didn't choose "My Nuffnang Story" because I haven't been with Nuffnang for very long. So no heart touching story yet.

"Come 16 December 2011, 500 bloggers from around the Asia-Pacific region will flock to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for the Nuffnang Asia-Pacific Blog Awards 2011 in Putrajaya Marriott. The Awards aims to not only honour the region's best bloggers, but also to bring together blogger communities from across Asia-Pacific. The Nuffnang Asia-Pacific Blog Awards is brought to you by Volkswagen Malaysia and Putrajaya Marriott."

My neck very pain ady. BAI!

5 comments :

  1. Thanks! :) Although I doubt I'll get it since I've only been with Nuffnang for less than a month. lol.

    ReplyDelete