Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Facebook Narcissism

Everytime I open my facebook page, I see statuses and updates that leave me laughing my butt off. I can't help but feel that facebook status updates nowadays are becoming more and more fake and attention-seeking.

What to do. Human nature what.

Here are some of the most common categories of facebook statuses that make me cringe in my seat.

1. Always posting mushy dushy, lovey dovey stuff
"I luv my lao gong zai sooo much. muacks muacks muackssssss!!"

"I miss you baby. I can't wait to see you again. I miss your eyes. I miss your smile. I miss your ass"

Feel da love.

"To the world you may be one person. But to one person you may be the world."
In other words: To the world you may be one person. But to one person you may be no one.

"You are my star, my sky, my sun. I cannot live without you. You are my soul, my breath. You are everything. Without you, my heart cannot beat. With you, it always...... puffs. Your love makes my heart puff. It will always puff so long as you puff with me. #forever puffing"
I definitely feel the... puff.

2. Emo statuses
"Broken-hearted"

"haizzz... No mood... Emo-ing..."

"You have broken my trust. How could you? I trusted you so. I can never trust anybody again. You have torn my heart to pieces. I hurt so much. My heart can never be mended. #forever dead heart"

.......

wow.

3. Updating like every half hour
"Just had cereal for breakfast. Sooo good. I love HL milk. I love nestle coco crunch. Lovesss. xoxo"
15 minutes later

"Need to poop. Shiat..."
30 minutes later

"Getting ready for class now. Shiat... my skirt doesn't fit anymore. I gained a pound! Have to diet for a week now. Thank you nestle coco crunch and HL milk"
30 minutes later

"In the car driving to college. Shiat... forgot to bring my brains."
30 seconds later

Car bangs into lamp post. #forever car-less

4. Kawaii statuses a.k.a. bad, cutesy english.

"My dear dear n I just go 4 breakfast. D sun shining so brighter n brighter n brighter. My dear dear n I eat chee cheong fun. So tasty oh... Then my dear and I went to the movie and see movie. Then my dear dear give me a sweet kiss. So sweet, sweet oh ^^"

"2day I wan go outing with my lovely friendzzz... but it rain and rain and rain so long and long... so 2day appointment have 2 cancel... so sad cannot see my lovely friendzzzz... i wish tml no rain.."

Uh... #forever raining and raining.

On a last note, it's November!!
Whaddaya know?

Happy November everybody! =)

2 comments :

  1. Hi, it is true there is everlasting yucky stuff if you care to read. Funny how people love to brag. Oh, maybe I am one too, or maybe not. Pls drop by for my story, thks:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I know exactly what you're talking about! it's super-duper irritating to log in and see all that mush spilling over your homepage....

    ReplyDelete