Sunday, August 14, 2011

I'm an ACCA student!

Okay, it's been a gazillion years since I last posted. No mood ma.

Anyway...

A short update:

Good news! For me at least la.

I am officially an ACCA student member!

Yes, me no re-taking STPM anymore. Changed my mind in June.

I applied online. I was kinda worried that my application wouldn't get through. That's because I was dealing with the getting the application through to the UK and I wasn't enrolled in any college or institute, so I wouldn't be getting any help from anyone but mum.

Mum and I did everything solo.

We made calls to the bank, to the ACCA Malaysia office, scoured the ACCA global site and made sure we attached the right files in the right size just to make sure we wouldn't slip up anywhere.

The registration fee is 72pounds. That's about RM360. So if I don't get it right, that's 2 months and money wasted.

So I paid the fee using Maybank2u (my first time paying online using my Maybank debit card *proud*)to the ACCA UK office or whatever you call it. And after 1 and a half months, I've finally received my confirmation letter from UK.

I took up ACCA because it gives an overall view of business making and bla bla bla. Okay, this is boring for y'all.

For those of you who don't know, ACCA is a professional accounting qualification that's higher than a degree. It consists of 14 papers and if I religiously am consistent with my studies, I can finish 'em all in 2.5 to 3 years. I'll have to pass 6 papers per year. The hardest being the the last 5 papers.

That means I can go out, live independently and start making big money once I'm 23 years *fingers crossed*

I just got back from Ipoh and I've booked my first exam session at Sunway College Ipoh for my first paper. Nervous! The fee to sit for a paper is no joke. So I better pass!!!

Right now, I gotta go send out the "Penarikan diri daripada STPM" letter and hopefully get at least 60% refund of what I paid to re sit my STPM back.

Will be writing more soon. But for now, toodles!

3 comments :

  1. Welcome back! Looks like you've chosen accounting, be sure to study real hard ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A tip from a fellow ACCA student: Do study and revise regularly, otherwise failure is ready for you :)

    ReplyDelete