Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Of STPM and lessons learnt

Sigh.

Yesterday, I received an unofficial PA 1 answer scheme from ah Chai. So I checked my answers and I only got 42 or 43 marks out of 60!

That's frigging low compared to the rest of my classmates who are easily scoring about 50 marks! I have to admit the paper was pretty easy. The calculation part was kid's stuff but can you believe it that I got 2 wrong out of 15 from that part? Damn! I can't afford mistakes like this in STPM. What is wrong with me?

And for the other parts, if I just spent a little more time on my books the day before, I could have easily picked up 3 or 4 more marks. That's 5 or 6 more marks! I am so annoyed.

I mean this is STPM! Sigh. I'm hoping to get an A- for PA which carries 3.67 CGPA points. I expected an A but with my attitude towards exams right now, I don't think I can expect that high anymore.

I feel STPM is definitely my worst performance out of all my big exams I've ever taken in my life. I've never had such a laidback attitude when it came to major exams, except for STPM.

I started losing interest in studies right as I entered form 6. So excuses like chess tournaments or friends or whatever don't apply here. It's just me.

It's maybe cuz I'm growing up, moving on and having other interests that lie elsewhere. I don't even know what I want to be when I grow up. Career-wise I mean.

Actuatlly not having a so-called "future ambition" that doesn't bother me because I don't mind being inspired as I go through life.

But I have to admit that I do regret not taking my studies seriously during the past 1 and a half years in 6th form. If I were a little bit more hardworking. That could make all the difference.

Oh well, what's done is done. At least I've learnt something from this. Don't slack or procrastinate, expecially in studies. You'll regret it when the results come out.

For me, maybe because I'm used in getting straight As for all my previous big exams, all the fun and laziness over the past 1 and a half years just wasn't worth it anymore.

Getting my STPM results next year may be a blow to my self-esteem *touch wood* Now, I just aim to get above 3.00 CGPA. And I'll also be very grateful if I passed my chemistry.

I just have to move on with life and take this STPM experience as a lesson. That is:

Do the best you can in anything you do!

Looking at the positive side of past one and a half years:
  1. I made lots of new friends in form 6 from other schools. For example, Pei Yuan, Sentosa, Seri Kampar and Malim Nawar.
  2. Some acquaintances and former schoolmates I knew have now become my real bosom buddies!
  3. I represented Malaysia in the Olympiad in Russia for the first time ever! I experienced snow although it was very light.
  4. I got my National Women Master (NWM) title!
  5. I got my motor license. Wee~
  6. I went out for the most yumcha sessions with friends in these 1 and a half years out of my whole life.

Parents have given me the most freedom I've ever had since coming back from National Service and starting from this year, I experienced a very substantial increase in pocket money to spend. So yes, it has been fun this year.

There're many, many more positive stuff and the list could just go on and on. But I don't want to reveal all. Suffice to say, 6th form has been a pleasureable experience, minus the studying part. Yeah, my fault.

No comments :

Post a Comment