Sunday, December 5, 2010

Invisalign

I've always wanted perfectly straight teeth ever since i um...well, grew up and started getting all self-vain. I'm not saying that I have horribly crooked teeth, but it could do with some improvement. Good, white teeth equates a dazzling, hollywood smile.

I mean, look at Vanessa Hudgens's smile. It's gorgeous! A perfect smile is always a valuable asset.

Her laugh is so sweet. Problem is, to have perfect teeth is not something you can control.

It's fustrating like that. If you were overweight, you can always hit the gym and go on a diet. If you have bad skin, there are tons of skincare products, facials and treatments all lined up. Eat well too and you're on your way to healthy skin.

What I'm trying to say is getting a hot bod and glowy skin is something we can fix ourselvesand isn't 100% controlled by genetics.

But if you have bad teeth, there's nothing much you can do. If you have the money the only alternative would be to go for braces and suffer in them for like 2 years.

But seriously, even if I had a ton of money in my bank account, I'd still hesistate to go for braces. I'm 19 and I don't want to ruin my prime age of 20 and 21 by prancing around with braces.

Let's say you're on a date and you want to kiss after dinner, then how? Bits and pieces of food will definitely be sticking out of your braces. It'll get awfully embarassing. I'm just saying.

Anyway...

I came across a post from Xiaxue's blog about this product called INVISALIGN that straightens and corrects your teeth just like braces but they're INVISIBLE!



How cool is that. I want!

If you want to read her post about Invisalign, it's all here.

Her post is way more interesting than mine cuz hers is filled with really pretty and glossy pictures. And she really did her research on it not to mention she's a living testimony of the product.

I wish I could do a full-fledged post like that but I'm not really in the position for now because I'm in the middle of STPM a.k.a. no time (why am I even blogging. I should be studying.)

I also am lacking in a good camera. It's no fun taking pics with some cheapalak camera with the pictures coming out all grainy and blur. I'm thinking of getting a camera when I get my first month salary from my Genting job at the end of January but that's for another post.

Anyway, back to the story:

If I had the money, I am definitely going for Invisalign!

It's invisible, removable and gives you a set of glamorous teeth that makes your smile look like Angelina Jolie's. Even smiling close-lipped looks sexy cuz her teeth are properly aligned.


The length of treatment is around 6-15 months but you can take them off when you're eating and stuff. It doesn't need to be on 24/7.

But the main factor that attracts me the most (and I'm sure many people out there) is that it's INVISIBLE. I don't need to smile close-lipped or watch my laugh or anything with them on. It's like a second skin!

Invisalign pretty much is like a magical product that boosts one's confidence. Unlike braces where the journey to beauty is filled with lots of ugliness, Invisalign is a straight road to the swan phase :)

The down side is it cost $6-$8k. Converted to RM and it'll give you a very high figure. Obviously there will be payments in installments and blah blah blah. But I couldn't care less about it right now.

Xiaxue did hers in Singapore at Orchard Scotts Dental. So if you're really desperate for straight teeth right now and have the money, you can go there. I don't know if they do Invisalign in Malaysia. You can do your own research.

Basically Invisalign is god-sent for those who are at their young adult stage who want to fix their teeth without being obvious.

I'm definitely putting Invisalign on my list of desires. Whether my wish come true is all up to me :)

No comments :

Post a Comment