Saturday, December 4, 2010

About Genting and Netbooks

I scoured the internet on forums about Genting job experiences since I'm going up there soon and most of the genting ex-staff and current staffs said that it gets pretty boring up there. They claim that it's a bit monotonous with the entertainment. Movies, bowling, themepark, snooker and that's that.

What? I don't get them. That's practically heaven! I don't mind having to "monotonously" pass my time like that. And what about the cable carts and the breathtaking sceneries and the cold walks in the misty night? What about clubs and the crazy lights and blaring music?

And the thought of being cooped up in a shopping mall for 3 or 4 months does nothing to turn me off. Maybe because I'm a hardcore shopahalic :) And I'm very excited at the prospect of spending Christmas in Genting with friends! Me loves!

I mean Genting is a Resort Theme Park! Hello! Well, maybe it could get pretty boring if a person doesn't have friends or a partner. Or because you don't have enough money. Well then that's what we're up there for. The money right? ;)

Or the working hours are just too darn long, so much so that you won't have any energy left at the end of the day. Which doesn't have anything to do with the so-called minimal amount of entertainment there. It's more like the maximum amount of energy a person has in a day.

I don't think I can comment much about it because I haven't experienced anything yet. Whatever it is, it's definitely better than staying at home and mopping the kitchen floor. And I aim to make it a magical time up there!

Still, I wanna get a lappy not just because of the possiblity of feeling bored up there, but because I just want to get a laptop I can call MY OWN.

Preferably I'd like to get a netbook cuz I reckon I'll be carrying it around. And make it a pink one at that. But the only pink-colored lappies that I like were Vaio laptops. And the Vaio brand is a bit too far out of my budget. RM2500 is not in my budget.

So today I went through the papers and a really cute white and pink acer netbook caught my eye.

ACER ASPIRE ONE HAPPY!

Yes, as the name suggests itself, it does make me happy. And it sounds so cute!


I'm a girl who loves pink, attention and pastels, so I'm definitely in love with the sweet Candy Pink version.

Best thing about acer notebooks are that they're affordable unlike the Vaio brand.

The newspaper stated a price of RM1299 only. See? So affordable. The specifications are quite good too. I'm not a heavy gamer. I usually download and listen to songs, blog, facebook and normal surfing around the net. That's pretty much it. Light surfing doesn't require too high a spec.
Specifications (base version)

Manufacturer: Acer
Model name: Aspire One Happy
CPU type: Intel Atom N550
CPU speed: 1500 Mhz
Graphics: Intel GMA 3150
OS: Windows 7 Starter
Display Size: 10.1" 1024 X 600
RAM: 1024 MB
Hard Disk: 250 GB
Keyboard: YES
Mouse Pointer: YES
Weight: 1250gm / 44.1 oz.
Size (w/h/d mm): 259/23/185 mm
Size (w/h/d inches): 10.2/0.9/7.3

So far, reviews about it are pretty encouraging. I won't be buying it immediately. I'm gonna go up there and experience life netbook-less for a week or so before decing to buy it. I mean, what if it's terribly difficult to locate a wifi-zone or I just don't have the time to go surfing due to extreme busy-ness? Just saying.
But sooner or later, I'm gonna get this baby, whatever the conditions are in Genting.

No comments :

Post a Comment